“How can I transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to iPad? Will I lose my WhatsApp chats if I change phones?”
Using WhatsApp on iPhone or iPad will always take up a lot of storage on the device. Anyone who uses WhatsApp will know that just a few weeks of using will result in a problem that space being filled up. Thus by using your iPad, you can keep your iPhone clear.
Here our focus in this article is to discuss how to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to iPhone or iPad. Go through them and choose the one that works best for you.
|Bulk Transfer||Difficulty||Uninstall WhatsApp|
|FoneGeek WhatsApp Transfer||Easy||No|
Way 1: 1-Click to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to iPhone/iPad
To transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to new iPhone or iPad, you can use FoneGeek WhatsApp Transfer. This program has been designed around WhatsApp transfer, backup & restore, making it perfect to use.
- Easily transfer WhatsApp messages between 2 devices including WhatsApp text messages and attachments(images, videos, audios, emojis, files, etc).
- Selectively back up WhatsApp & WhatsApp Business chats to your computer and the backup storage is unlimited .
- Restore the WhatsApp backup to another iPhone/Android without uninstalling WhatsApp application.
- It works well with all iOS devices and iOS versions, including the newest iPhone 13/12/12 Pro/12 Pro Max and iOS 15.
Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to iPhone or iPad
Step 1: Download FoneGeek WhatsApp Transfer on your computer, launch it and connect both your iPhone and iPad using USB cable, then click on "Transfer" to start the process.
Step 2: Wait for the program to back up WhatsApp chats on the source iPhone.
Step 3: Ensure that you have logged in WhatsApp on the target iPhone or iPad.
Step 4: After logged in, FoneGeek WhatsApp Transfer will start transferring WhatsApp chats to the target device. Keep the two devices connected during the whole transfer process.
Way 2: Move WhatsApp Chats from iPhone to iPhone/iPad via WhatsApp Backup
WhatsApp allows users to backup and restore data using iCloud. You can use this feature to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to a new iPhone or iPad. Ensure that iCloud backup is enabled on both devices and follow these steps:
- On your old iPhone, go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup. Tap "Back Up Now" to back up your WhatsApp chats to iCloud.
- Now on your new iPhone or iPad, install WhatsApp and sign in using the same phone number.
- When given the option "Restore Chat History", choose to restore chat messages from the backup.
Way 3: Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone/iPad via iCloud Backup
You can also transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to another iPhone or iPad by using iCloud backup, which will wipe out all current data on target device. This is the drawbacks of this method, but it'll do the job.
- On the source iPhone, open Settings and go to Apple ID/[your name] > iCloud. If backups aren't enabled, press the "iCloud Backup" slider.
- Tap the "Back Up Now" button and wait while your device data is backed up.
- Now take your new iPhone or iPad and set it up. If you have already done the setup, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings to reset it.
- In the "Apps & Data" screen, choose "Restore from iCloud Backup" and choose the backup of the source device to restore WhatsApp messages.
- iCloud provides the free storage of 5GB, that’s to day, WhatsApp may be not fully transferred or backed up.
- WiFi connection is required.
Way 4: Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone/iPad via iTunes Backup
Apple offers iTunes to backup, restore and manage data on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. If you want to transfer WhatsApp conversation from one iPhone to another iPhone or iPad, iTunes can also help you out.
- Connect the source iPhone to the computer using a lightning cable and open iTunes. Direct yourself to Summary and click on "Backup Now".
- Once the backup is complete, disconnect this iPhone and instead connect the target iPhone or iPad.
- Go to the summary page and click "Restore Backup". Choose the iTunes backup that you had taken of the source iPhone.
- You are not allowed to preview WhatsApp messages before transferring them via iTunes.
- You cannot transfer WhatsApp chat history to another phone selectively.
- You should ensure a stable network connection during the transferring process.
Way 5: Transfer WhatsApp Chats from iPhone to iPhone/iPad via Email
The last way to transfer WhatsApp chats to a new iPhone or iPad . But keep in mind that you can only transfer one WhatsApp chat at a time. It is time-concuming process if you want to transfer multiple or all WhatsApp chats.
- On your old iPhone, open WhatsApp and choose the conversation that you want to move to the new iPhone or iPad.
- Slide the chat and you will get the More option. Click on it and choose "Email Conversation". Also, you can choose to attach the media or not.
- Enter your email address and tap "Done". Then you can access the WhatsApp chat on your new iPhone or iPad by logging in the same email.
- This method is not feasible when you have a large number of messages to be transferred since you can only send one message to another email.
There are 5 different solutions here to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to a new iPhone or iPad and we hope that you can find one of them to help you out. Regardless of which method you choose, let us know in the comments which one was the most helpful and please don't hesitate to use FoneGeek WhatsApp Transfer to complete the transfer directly without using iTunes or iCloud.
Fay J. Melton has explored the area of technology and software for more than 5 years and he is enthusiastic about helping users solve various technology issues.
>Backup & Restore
>5 Ways to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone/iPad in 2022